Need Help with an IPR Issue?
Several U.S. Government agencies are charged with protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights. Here you will find essential websites, phone numbers and email addresses of offices that are ready to help answer your questions.
U.S. Government Agencies
These Federal agencies are responsible for protecting and enforcing intellectual property rights, preventing counterfeits and pirated goods from entering the market.
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Food and Drug Administration
- National Intellectual Property Rights Coordination Center
- Office of the United States Trade Representative
- U.S. Department of Commerce
- U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission
- U.S. Copyright Office
- U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP)
- U.S. Department of Justice, Computer Crime and Intellectual Property Section
- U.S. Department of State, International Intellectual Property Enforcement
- U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) and U.S. Homeland Security Investigations (HSI)
- U.S. Intellectual Property Enforcement Coordinator (IPEC)
- U.S. International Trade Commission